Thursday, February 9, 2012

Mining Fair Ridge

Most real estate professionals call it farming. I am not fond of that term and prefer to make up my own. Farming is cultivating something from scratch. Plowing the land, planting a seed, taking care of it why it grows, and finally harvesting it. That would be more true of a real estate professional if they move a family from an apartment building into a townhouse and then follow them their entire lives moving them from family home to empty nest home and then to retirement home.

Going after an already existing area is more like mining. The people and the homes are already there. All the agent needs to do is the hard work to let them know that we exist and to stay current in their minds when they do decide the time is right for them to move.


One of my weekly activities from now on is to be handing out info packets to the Fair Ridge subdivision. This subdivision happens to be located directly across the street from my office and no one is currently working it. If anyone from Fair Ridge does happen to be reading this I would like them to know that I am now their agent.

Every week I will be walking through that neighborhood delivering good info to the people of Fair Ridge. I will keep them up to date on what is going on in their market and what services my office is offering to help them with either listing their home or buying a new home. Fair Ridge is even a great place for investors or renters. There are currently four townhouses on the market at or around $2,000 a month. That is what the apartments just up the street rent for. Why rent an apartment when you can rent a home?

Fair Ridge is within walking distance of two movie theaters, a public park, a Barnes and Noble, a PNC bank, multiple restaurants, a grocery store, and Fair Oaks Mall. Another advantage that the Fair Ridge subdivision has is the quick turnaround rate. Houses that go on the market are never on the market for long. The average days on market for the area is 20. That stat is simply amazing.

Fair Ridge is in a great location for commuters as well. It is located off of route 50 close to the entrance to 66. A person doesn't have to travel far at all the reach the Vienna Metro or if they can carpool they can ride the HOV lanes all the way into the District. But don't forget there are plenty of good jobs in the Fair Lakes and Fair Oaks office complexes as well.

The important thing now though is to make my face known in Fair Ridge and to let people know if they need my help I am located right across the street. I can let them know about Open Houses I am holding close by or events at my office like the free home buyers seminar on Saturday March, 3 at 10:00 AM. I walked over there this morning. It a nice walk and the area is near a wooded path that can be used for walking a dog, jogging, bike riding, or just going out for a stroll.

When I am done the people in Fair Ridge won't even have to think of who to use when they do need a Realtor. My presence will be so strong they will already know. I look forward to working with the current Fair Ridge residents and if you read anything you might like about that area contact me through www.SuperNoVaRealty.com and we can take a look at it and any other areas you might be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment